Finding Geological Publications: Reference
Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, etc
Selected Earth Science Reference Books
- covers geology and related areas including planetary science, volcanology palaeontology, and mineralogy.
Glossary of Geology (5th Ed. - American Geological Institute)
- indispensable reference tool contains nearly 40,000 entries, including 3,600 new terms and nearly 13,000 entries with revised definitions
Encyclopedia of sedimentology
- Available Queen Elizabeth II Library Stacks QE471 .E49
Encyclopedia of sediments and sedimentary rocks
- Available Queen Elizabeth II Library Reference QE471.2 .E53 2003
- covers all aspects of geology: earth history, earth materials, surface processes, regional geology, economic geology, engineering geology, petroleum geology, geochemical & mineral exploration, and the history of geology. Also available Queen Elizabeth II Library Reference QE5 .E5165 2005
- comprehensive, alphabetical treatment of basic soil science in a single volume -- covers the salient aspects of soil physics, chemistry, biology, fertility, technology, genesis, morphology, classification and geomorphology. Also available Queen Elizabeth II Library Reference S592 .E53 2002
- every object in the solar system is covered by at least one chapter -- relationships among the objects in the solar system and with the galaxy beyond -- filled with images, illustrations, and charts to aid in understanding.
- authoritative, alphabetically arranged reference, featuring more than 200 succinct articles -- broad coverage of all the island sciences. Also available Queen Elizabeth II Library Reference GB471 .E53 2009
- authoritative reference encompasses the entire fields of Geomagnetism and Paleomagnetism in a single volume -- describes state of the current knowledge and provides an up-to-date synthesis of the most basic concepts.
- principle of the methods, applications, fundamentals, instruments, survey practice, processing and interpretation of the data, quality assurance, personnel, equipment, time needed, examples, references & sources for further reading. Also available Queen Elizabeth II Library Reference QE38 .E58 2007
- interdisciplinary approach that includes geomorphology, ecology, engineering, technology, oceanography, and human activities as they relate to coasts. Also available Queen Elizabeth II Library Reference TC203.7 .E53 2005