What is Covidence?
Covidence is a web-based software platform that can streamline systematic review processes, particularly citation screening. The Health Sciences Library has acquired an institutional subscription to this product, allowing Memorial University faculty, students & staff to create Covidence reviews at no cost.
A brief introduction to Covidence is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB3V4BRV1jg
Creating a Covidence Account
You will need to create a personal Covidence account either before or after joining the institutional Memorial University Covidence subscription. To request access to the Memorial University institutional subscription, you must use your current Memorial email address (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To request an invitation to Memorial University's institutional subscription, go to: https://app.covidence.org/organizations/Qevw7/signup
- Sign up for your invitation with a Memorial University email address (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). Click Request Invitation.
- You will receive an email from Covidence. Click Accept this invitation.
- If you do not have an existing personal Covidence account, you will need to create one by clicking on Sign up.
- If you already have a personal Covidence account, Sign in using your personal Covidence account credentials.
After creating a personal Covidence account and joining the Memorial University subscription, you will be able to sign in from anywhere by visiting: https://app.covidence.org/sign_in
Creating a Review Using the Memorial University Subscription
After clicking on Start a new review, you will have the option to use your personal account or the Memorial University subscription.
Reviews created under the Memorial University subscription will be visible to Memorial University Covidence subscription administrators. Reviews in your personal account are only visible to you.
Working with Colleagues from Other Institutions
Any Memorial University user connected to Covidence with a Memorial University account may create new reviews and invite unlimited reviewers from anywhere in the world.
However, due to copyright laws and publisher licensing agreements, there are restrictions on sharing full-text articles with individuals who are not affiliated with Memorial University.
If you have questions about uploading full-text articles, please contact email@example.com or 709-864-3378.
Covidence offers short video tutorials in their Knowledge Base to help you get started. Visit https://support.covidence.org/help/getting-started-with-covidence
Need further help? Support inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last Updated: Jul 30, 2020 8:36 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.mun.ca/systematicreviews
- Print Page